Gettysburg: Wall of Faces

The Iron Brigade

Great video, if you have never been to Gettysburg, put it on your bucket list. To stand on that hallowed ground is moving, too look at it from high ground, is breathtaking. Its hard to imagine the carnage that laid there once. My G-Great Grandfather. Pvt. James H. Honey US 1st Eastern Shore Maryland Vol. Infantry Co D, survived battle of Gettysburg, Culps Hill. July 2,3,4. Marylanders against Marylanders. Pvt. Honey far left second picture...Rest in Peace all who served.

post-87654-0-71331900-1538221416.jpg

post-87654-0-54163000-1538221456.jpg

Great video. I need to get a scan of my 3Great-Grandfather from my aunt. PVT George C Bowers Emergency Company I at Gettysburg. He enlisted at Harrisburg on 23June1863 and a week later was in battle.

Toured the park for 3 days back in 2006.We rode out on motorcycles.Toured the park on the bikes.Awesome weather.Beautiful area.So much history there.Was able to take many of the little side roads in the park and see monuments most never see.Also there are various ones in the coun try side along the traveled roads.Stayed in Hanover.

In down town Hanover saw the area and plaque where Custer had tied his horse during a phase of the battle

https://emergingcivilwar.com/2017/10/26/battlefield-markers-and-monuments-the-custer-maple/

Saw the wall and there is a book available too with the photos.I bought one at the museum.

Love the area and want to return

I grew up in Virginia, so I have had many visits and re enacted a few battles there, including the infamous 1980 mud march...LOL. Looking forward to visiting again.