Is your Dad a Pirate?

cutiger83

"Is Your Dad a Pirate" by Tara McClary Reeves is a children's book for any military child. Her father lost an arm and an eye in Vietnam.

From the back of the book:

Her daddy went away to fight for our country. And he came home changed. What's a young family to do when a parent is injured? How might they respond to curiosity? In this tender account based on her childhood experiences, beloved author Tara McClary Reeves shares how her family adapted to the extensive physical losses her father, Marine Corps Lieutenant Clebe McClary, sustained.

Brig,

Not sure what you mean. What report are you looking for? A report on the book? I said it was a book for any military child. It is the favorite book of a friend's son.

Kat

I thought it was pretty self evident in my original post. Didn't mean to cause confusion.

This is a book I would recommend for any military child but also any child. The author's father lost his arm and eye in Vietnam. This is a story of how her family dealt with children asking about her father's injuries. He wears an eye patch so children would ask her "Is your Dad a Pirate?".

Thank you, I was curious in a real person's view, now the dust jacket description publishers use to push sales. Many a dust jacket has led me wrong....