Camillus 818 needs an end rivet

phantomfixer

a 1960 Camillus knife is in need of a new end rivet, that holds the main blade and can opener...

Does anyone have a source for the end rivets for the Camillus 818 knife?

I have the old rivet out, and everything held in place with a roll pin punch

rivet pieces look to be brass???

pic borrowed from a forum thread

post-155518-0-96372100-1537798045.jpg

From the Late Tom Willians, the original Camillus Cutlery's official company historian, and the man that repaired my own Camillus 1960 Mil-K-818.

The pins in these knives are aways nickel silver and not stainless steel as some assume. Stainless steel pins would wear out the tooling and otherwise provide no advantages to the construction of the knives.

For many reasons I"m sorry that Tom is no longer around. After Camillus closed in 2007 he had a good supply of many knife parts from the company, and was repairing many different knives among them the 818's and MC-1 aircrew knives.

It should still be possible to find a qualified person to do such a repair. I don't at this time know who I would send one too.

Check out (Rock USA Cutlery), in Camillus N.Y. . I understand that they are old Camillus employee's that do get involved in restoring many old Camillus knives. You should be able to find them on face book. Good luck, and let us know about what you find.

If memory serves, and that's a bigger assumption these days, :unsure: I think the pin size is going to be around 3/32's. You might be able to check that with some small drill bit shanks.