What unit is this jump wing: 511th ABN Signal

BILL THE PATCH

BILL THE PATCH

This bullion Abn wing is ona 11th abn div Ike. Is this a specific unit within the 11th? Or generic hq's oval. The bdr looks orange but could be faded red. Blue center. It bot the 511th, any ideaspost-11207-0-79813400-1537672766_thumb.jpg

BILL THE PATCH

Thanks tredhed, i was looking in heroes in our midst. I don't have Keller's books yet. Is this a tougher wing to find vs 511th inf?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

I don't collect them, just ID them. But if that border is bullion, as the way it looks to me, then it is probably more valuable than if it were embr.

You need Kellers' books, and since Christmas is coming up, why not get yourself somethng you want? That goes for ALL of you reading this post.

BILL THE PATCH

There on my list, last year it was heroes in the midst 3 volume set. This year Keller's books

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

While I agree that TredHed2's ID is accurate as the 511th Signal, it should be remembered that not all ovals worn in Occupied Japan were standardized by color etc. It is very possible that the former owner of the jacket simply bought a wing that stood out and looked sharp. I've encountered many variations of ovals from 11th A/B veterans where the ovals didn't match the units in which they served.

The chevrons on the Ike jacket are the standard "silver on blue" variety. They have simply been sewn on with an X stitch.

The soldier appears to have been a 27th ID man who ended up in the 11th A/B during the Occupation. The 11th ran a jump school at Sapporo and the division endeavored to have each man qualified as a parachutist and a glider rider.

Allan

Bill

Here is an ike I have.The stripes are not silver and are more a green/gold.The jacket is dated 1951.Far East Forces is Japanese made.

I was thinking your sgt stripes look the same color?

post-342-0-27783900-1538344601_thumb.jpg

post-342-0-33515700-1538344629_thumb.jpg