Trying to ID Paratrooper Grouping

WW2HistoryHunter

WW2HistoryHunter

I received three medals (Soldier's Medal, Bronze Star, Purple Heart) and Paratrooper wings together as a grouping and really want to ID who they belonged to. I realize that may be impossible, but I thought I would give it a shot anyway.

The Soldier's Medal is rim numbered: 2541

The Purple Heart is rim numbered: 354543

If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions please feel free to share. I can send photographs to your email as they are too large to share here.

Thank you.

Ben

There's a site mentioned in a thread that has a partial listing of recipient's of serial numbered purple hearts....Don't know if it's a sticky?....May want to try the forum's search engine.....Good luck, Bodes

Yes, there's a pinned thread in the "Medals & Decorations Reference" subforum.....Started by member "swag", there's a pdf that has the listing on.......This or put "Numbered Purple Heart List" in the search engine and scroll down....Hope this makes sense, Bodes

Not much to go on, unfortunately. The Soldiers Medal may be the best avenue to start, but without at least knowing the trooper's rank it's going to be tough. Hopefully you catch a break.

Kyle