Original 5th SFG beret patch?

ccmax

I have no idea if thats real but it looks like a large pocket type patch inside a beret. Its for Det B-52, AKA Project Delta.

Ive also been told that most good patches inside good berets werent sewn directly into the beret liner but onto a separate piece which was then sewn into the liner.

Just to add some detail... about five years ago or maybe more there was a whole spate of berets that popped up with these heavily embroidered Special Forces patches sewn into the liners. They were all like this, thickly embroidered, but with the designs looking very badly done. Look how lumpy the beret and the dagger are done. This patch has also been artificially aged with a tea stain or something similar.

I think there were also some Navy SEAL and Riverine berets done the same way.

As noted above, the great majority of berets with insignia from Vietnam had them directly embroidered into the liner, rather than a patch being added.

Surprisingly, this series of patches were never sold on their own as far as I could tell. I never saw any of them come onto the market, and I was actively looking for examples.