eBay 442nd Grouping last week?

Bellumbill

I would too as I tried for this uniform but didn't even come close. While trying to confirm that this was a legitimate uniform and not a put together piece I found his obituary which mentioned the Silver Star he earned while fighting in France and Italy. It looks like per his enlistment records that he changed his first name to George once he was in the Army.

post-1389-0-31421900-1537414034_thumb.jpg

Anybody here know the seller? These uniforms may be as good as gold but remember this, there's probably 500 good Airborne groups for every one 442!! Seller also recently sold a 29th / 116th as well with nothing but a jacket, another RARE bird!! Alex

Alex -

Hey, I KNOW that, why do you think I was the 2nd highest bidder and kicking myself I didn't bid higher??? :(

Best,

Bill K.

Bill, remember this as I learned it a long time ago. Sometimes the best deals one makes are the deals they don't make.

Alex

Anybody here know the seller? These uniforms may be as good as gold but remember this, there's probably 500 good Airborne groups for every one 442!! Seller also recently sold a 29th / 116th as well with nothing but a jacket, another RARE bird!! Alex

I used to know him 25 - 30 years ago when he was picking up lots of gear, including some from me. He's an honest fellow.

Steve