US Army Engineers Patch ?

Wake1941

Commonly ID'ed as the 3rd Engineer Regiment, but I think that is most likely erroneous for a variety of reasons that have been discussed on here before. I think the most likely candidate is an error version of the Southern Defense Command.

WWII and rare. However as mentioned above, it was debated before on the forum that it is most likely an error patch as there is no record of the 3rd Engineers ever wearing the patch.

-Ski

I have always attributed this patch to having been made in error and distributed to collectors via Hobby Guild or Patch King. I put them in the same category as the blue 74th/ 474th RCT patches that we have out there in the collecting world. The unit never wore the patch, but it is out there and in collections everywhere.

The patch that started this thread is also in a number of collections, but I have never seen one that showed signs of being worn- glued in an album yes, but never worn.

Allan

BILL THE PATCH

Wait a minute, it's in the Britton and Washington book as 3rd engr's, so it's got to be true then, right?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Wait a minute, it's in the Britton and Washington book as 3rd engr's, so it's got to be true then, right?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Its omission in the Morgan book is one of the few things that book got right...... :rolleyes:

-Ski