Show your best finds at ASMIC 2018

mortaydc60

Know that there were some great finds at the show. At my tables the two best were a Tank Destroyer Instructor patch and named grouping and extremely rare 4th Marine Regt China horse patch for M Co. Saw a friend with early buy at show with 1st Ranger scroll in bullion. Will post pics of what was at my tables.

Well, I did not buy anything super rare or sought after but I found what I wanted. Seeing and talking to guys like Mort and seeing what they have is worth the trip.

Here are a few things I found.

post-15696-0-50658700-1536967038.jpeg

post-15696-0-03014900-1536967051.jpeg

post-15696-0-53533700-1536967060.jpeg

I had a fantastic time at the ASMIC show. I went to both the SOS and the ASMIC show for the first time this year. Both Dave and Mort were right that if yourre a US patch collector, ASMIC is the one show you cant miss.

The SOS was great and loads of fun but it was so full of all sorts of militaria from all different eras that it took a lot of hard work to find the US patches. It was a madhouse. ASMIC was smaller, more personal and more concentrated on patches. It was therefore so much easier to locate patches AND to speak and chat with the patch experts like Dave, Mort and many others. Ill definitely be there next year.

Heres one of the patches I picked up. Its a bit frayed but Ive been looking for this for years and I got it for half the price of one in perfect condition.

post-1945-0-43562000-1537111718.jpeg

post-1945-0-04753500-1537112437_thumb.jpeg

One of the previous commenters mentioned some advice I spoke about concerning attending shows vs eBay. The advise spoke of seeing item in person and buying when you want and are able to ask questions and oh also negotiate. But the most value was in seeing the selection of what is available compared to eBay. Typically after looking on eBay you see an item ,mark it to watch and hope no one else sees which is unrealistic. Than you wait to bid and 5% of time you win while 95% you are unhappy. At show you see item and if price is fair you buy and 100% happy. Let me show you what was at one dealers tables. Will send new post to show.