ebay scam?

Okie96

Hi everyone, can anyone help me with this quick. Ending this morning is a kabar with a robeson sheath. Two pictures which were not very good so I asked for a couple of the sheath. They send a couple of the blade. I said thanks but I want pictures of the sheath. They claim not to know what a sheath is. I tell them and this morning they send two pictures of either side of the guard. So you can see the conversation. They have good feedback but this is ridiculous. Known seller?

Hello, I'm looking at the "ESTATE FRESH VINTAGE FIXED BLADE KNIFE FROM U.S. MARINE CORPS. IN ORIG CASE" 253856389556 you have for sale and was wondering if you could email me a better picture of the sheath? I am interested in the item but can see there is some sort of black on the front and am unable to tell what is on that area. Thanks.

response

guess I dont know much about knives. what is the sheath

Hello, That's alright. The sheath is the leather component that the knife is inserted to. What the knife is pictured as being inside of, in the listings picture on the right.

Hi again. here are I think the pics you want. very tight. dont see any damage at all

I'm 99.9% sure that the auction is legitimate. It is obvious to me that the seller has no idea what you are asking about. As Rob mentioned, asking for photos of the case will probably get you what you are looking for.

Allan

yea I have run into collectors that don't know what I think should be common terminology of things or they use it incorrectly. For non collectors I try and break it down to the lowest common denominator. "leather part" "pointy thingie" (it also helps prevent people from adding industry searchable terms to their listings...)

Thanks for the response guys. Ended while I was in class though so someone got a rare piece I guess. Went for a decent amount. The responses I was getting just seemed to send up some red flags for me.