• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#26 RedLegGI

RedLegGI
  • Members
    • Member ID: 5,712
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 26 September 2018 - 11:01 AM

Found this picture while searching for something unrelated.

Looks like his jacket is also in the ACU cut, name tapes are the reddish brown, and he's got subdued SF patches.

Link for the article:

http://warriorsos.bl...ial-forces.html

Most times is hard to find pics of the oddball stuff, nice find for sure.

#27 nkomo

nkomo

SENIOR MODERATOR

• Senior Moderators
    • Member ID: 566
  • 8,736 posts

Posted 26 September 2018 - 12:10 PM

Great detective work!

#28 warbird15

warbird15
  • Members
    • Member ID: 161,028
  • 102 posts

Posted 26 September 2018 - 03:56 PM

would have been interesting to see the spec tag under the manufacturers tag

Yeah I should’ve taken a picture. I went back to the thrift store yesterday and it was gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#29 warbird15

warbird15
  • Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 26 September 2018 - 04:04 PM

Thanks everyone for your comments. I really appreciate you guys sharing information and opinions on this.

Glad there's now picture evidence of a similar uniform.

#30 RedLegGI

RedLegGI
  • Members
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 03:49 AM

Thanks everyone for your comments. I really appreciate you guys sharing information and opinions on this.

Glad there's now picture evidence of a similar uniform.

Glad to be of assistance.  GWOT is a crazy animal when it comes to collecting.  Sometimes you'll get a lot of pics,  other times you'll find none at all, but the item is still right as rain.

#31 IrishRebel77

IrishRebel77
  • Members
    • Member ID: 186,776
  • 58 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 08:21 AM

Hell my DCU tops has brown name tapes baah

#32 sapper23

sapper23
  • Members
    • Member ID: 12,142
  • 128 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 06:04 PM

Just like every other war in our nation's past soldiers do not follow uniform regulations 100%. I saw this down range, unauthorized patches being worn, black and brown thread name/u.s. army tags and rank worn on the same jacket or shirt. How many of us have uniforms in this category in our collections. I wore a set of civilian made DCU, not government issue on missions out the wire quit often. Even had patches made locally for my IED crater repair teams, totally unauthorized but as momentous for their hard work both years. We will see many unauthorized uniforms and insignia combinations for years to come, authorized NO, but 100% correct and worn.

Jeff

#33 RedLegGI

RedLegGI
  • Members
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 06:46 AM

Just found this after watching the "Medal of Honor" series on Netflix.  Not only is the spice brown interesting, but every other bit of the Captains uniform.

Attached Images

• Medal of Honor series grab Ty Carter multicam acu brown rank.JPG

#34 Cap Camouflage Pattern I

Cap Camouflage Pattern I
  • Members
    • Member ID: 153,751
  • 2,806 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 05:37 PM

Good pic!

#35 warbird15

warbird15
  • Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 06:31 PM

Now that’s an interesting combination

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#36 Longbranch

Longbranch
  • Members
    • Member ID: 11,320
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 10:38 AM

Just found this after watching the "Medal of Honor" series on Netflix.  Not only is the spice brown interesting, but every other bit of the Captains uniform.

That is almost certainly one of the rare "2009 Trials" versions of the Multicam ACU uniform. Consequently, it can be understood why the insignia is mismatched on a uniform that was not standard issue at the time. 

Notice the "coyote brown" velcro on the sleeve pocket. This is a good indicator that the jacket is one of the approximately 2,000 uniforms made for the 2009 contract that tested the Multicam style pattern against UCP-D. 

#37 RedLegGI

RedLegGI
  • Members
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 06:52 PM

That is almost certainly one of the rare "2009 Trials" versions of the Multicam ACU uniform. Consequently, it can be understood why the insignia is mismatched on a uniform that was not standard issue at the time. 

Notice the "coyote brown" velcro on the sleeve pocket. This is a good indicator that the jacket is one of the approximately 2,000 uniforms made for the 2009 contract that tested the Multicam style pattern against UCP-D. 

The other small interesting bit on the tapes, is that they're actually on the multicam fabric as opposed to UCP.  It makes me wonder if he sacrificed a uniform in order to have those tapes made or if the sew shops were able to acquire some so they'd match. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users