82nd Airborne maroon beret question

No Quarter

Hello, just got this beret today and believe it dates to the 1980s-90s. My question is if the 82nd Airborne insignia pinned to the flash is normal? I cannot find any pictures with it on the flash anywhere. Also, was the beret made in America? There are no tags inside and the construction seems foreign.

Thanks!

Jacob Anderson

post-162535-0-89601400-1536613582_thumb.jpg

THats a British type beret with the cloth sweatband.

Not uncommon to see one used.Local vet had one he got when trading with Brits and wore it with his 508th flash.

The use of the 82nd DI may have been for the Division or Division HQ or Division Honor Guard etc.Maybe some one will verify.

It Appears correct. Also The Liner of the beret was almost universally removed to aid in forming the beret and thus the sweat band and internally around the cardboard that held the flash looked like that.

Thanks for the info everyone! If I were to put this on a mannequin, would an early woodland or chocolate chip camo uniform be period correct?

Jacob

Thanks for the info everyone! If I were to put this on a mannequin, would an early woodland or chocolate chip camo uniform be period correct?

Jacob

Sure.

Jacob

even a late 70s ERDL/RDF straight pocket rip stop.

Have OD jungles with 82nd patches too