Missing Air America Grouping

Bob Baldwin

This small group in a tracked first class package went missing from a USPS truck between the Oakland CA distribution center and my local post office on August 8. I know it is a long shot, but I have I am hoping it turns up somewhere. If anyone sees it I would appreciate it if they will pick it up and let me know. I will be more than happy to reimburse them and tack on a reward. Thanks in advance. - Bob Baldwin

post-165242-0-23275000-1535426012.jpg

Moonlight Gecko

Sorry for your missing package, I have had trouble with USPS First Class and Parcel Post in the past and now I only ship important items with Priority mail with a signature confirmation...small size packages in particular have a tendency to get lost. But to give you some hope, I have had economy class shipped items appear A MONTH after their scheduled delivery date. Often times they are left at a USPS storage facility and stay there until the employees have time to sort it out, which could be a LONG time. If you haven't already, call the national USPS hotline from the USPS website. The operator there can put a claim in and put you in touch with (and put some pressure) on the local supervisor at your post office who hopefully can get more tracking information. Good luck! I hope the package arrives!

Hello, not too get off the subject, I hope your package shows up. I mailed a medium size box with Christmas gifts and gift cards, over $300. it was lost in the USPS. I mailed it two weeks before Christmas, the post office could not find it. I had no tracking number. I wrote it off too lessen learned. It actually showed up in March. The post office had placed it in a corner somewhere and there it sit....True story. I was glad it was found. So when I mail a patch, I spend the $3.50 priority price which adds $50. insurance & a tracking number. Believe me they wont loose it. Good Luck! Spend the extra couple of bucks, you'll have a better chance of getting it to its destination. Ditto Moonlight Gecko!

• 4 months later...

The USPS tracking number means nothing. They lose and steal parcels the same as all the other worldꞌs posts. Generally speaking I have very good opinion about the USPS (first of all USPS Air) none the less no ideal posts in the world and USPS is no exception. The people think that tracking number is a hundred percent warranty that the parcel shipped by the USPS will reach its place of destination. Not necessarily. Three or four USPS-shipped parcels sent to me from the USA were lost.

Thieves or people irresponsible are everywhere and parcel tracking number does not help. When parcel is stolen or lost then nobody knows how, where, when why. Thieves-"militaria collectors" may be everywhere. A hundred percent of USPS-shipped parcels with militaria from the USA I lost were sent by prestigious, well-known militaria dealers. Is it a coincidence? When parcel is shipped by private person or less well-known militaria traders then they reach to me. Coincidence?

I have had them put a package in storage because the person sending it didnt write ledgeably and I knew the package was at the office and not moving. I have also had them delivered to the wrong house and luckily got it before it was lost for ever . And I have had them say it was delivered and it wasnt because I meet the mail man just about every time. I got cameras up and have caught thieves and got things back as well. The best you can do is if you know its at a certain post office in your area take the tracking number to them and they can check around for the package. I ride them on that and thats all you can do.

And I have had them say it was delivered and it wasnt...

I had the same situation on UK eBay and the GLS courier post. I do not recommend GLS.

Airborne-Hunter

November & December 2018 were particularly bad months at the post office. I know a seller who had something like 19 packages go missing or have extensive multi-week delays over the span of those two months.