Reviewing Photographs.

468abnarm

I so enjoy finding photographs, bringing them home and giving them the once over..

This one caught my eye because I wanted to know who was the "Second Brigade Saints". Turns out it is a BCT unit at Fort Leonard Wood. I am guessing somewhere around 1967-68 based on subdued name tags but color BOS strips and brass belt buckles. Once that was solved I moved on to just a closer look at the photo and here's what we find.

No 1 (left side) seems to be expressing his opinion of the situation. No 2 has produced a "tapered" smoke right before the shutter opened and my favorite is No 3. He also has a "tapered" cigarette and has made a fashion statement by wearing his belt backwards and inside out.

post-28488-0-72705200-1534608265_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Perhaps when their Drill Sergeants seen this after it printed and arrived from the photographer and was ready to be handed out, they Duck Walked these guys from then to Saint Swithin's Day :lol:

I took basic training in C-4-2 at Ft. Wood in 1967, this photo is F-4-2. The belt is turned wrong side out because when one puts the pistol belt on it will scratch the brass belt buckle, he just forgot to turn it over. You are right on about the date. We had black and yellow US Army but subdued name tapes.

sfcmac

:D

Perhaps when their Drill Sergeants seen this after it printed and arrived from the photographer and was ready to be handed out, they Duck Walked these guys from then to Saint Swithin's Day :lol: