Opinions Please On This KIA Engraved Bronze Star

Spooky976

Can anyone tell me if the engraving on this Bronze Star Medal is correct for a WWII B.S.? I think that the medal is WW2 era , but the engraving ? . I buyed several years ago in the sales section (I dont remember the seller)

He fought in the 75TH i.D. and died 12/25/1944 on Grandmenil area

Thanks in advance, and have a nice weekend

post-110510-0-43400300-1534524936_thumb.jpg

The engraving is post WWII dating from the 1950's/1960's.

-Ski

Thanks for your answer, maybe a posthumous medal awarded in the 50´s?

That is not the same soldier. The last name is different. Your man is "MARLOW", the KIA is "MARLOWE".

I'm sorry, but the KIA is spelled differently. Yours has no "e" on the end of Marlow. I think this is your man. The BSM is probably one of the "CIB conversion" reissues presented after the war. That would stand to reason, given the fact that the enlistment entry below is actually a re enlistment in the regular Army, so he stayed in the military after the war...

post-110-0-46460900-1534599051_thumb.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

The box and medal are similar to the one I received in Vietnam, but could be earlier. Since there is no "V" device, it was not an award for valor, but for meritorious service. The Bronze Star was created late in WW II and every Infantryman was awarded one. The personalized engraving on the back must have been done later. The awards were made straight from the box and were not personalized. They would have been accompanied by the General Order awarding it to the individual which would stipulated the basis for the award.