KA-BARs on ebay

usmce4

Wow! Trying to find a MK2 Ka-Bar more than 20 years old on ebay lately kinda reminds me of that story about being surrounded by alligators while trying to drain the swamp.

A veritable exercise in futility!!

Art

Hang on a hot second Art.

Dont think I dont remember your maiden song of wanting to find just one good Kabar.

That was a whole collection for you ago. ;)

Yes, there are no decent Kabars on eB@y, and when they do show up, they are 2X show prices.

Guess maybe we need to start trading amongst ourselves...

Whoever is interested, my PM is primed and ready.

I have two smokin MKIIs, that Id trade for IDd field-rode examples.

Edit: BTW, they are both USMC. One early and one mid-war.

Wow! Trying to find a MK2 Ka-Bar more than 20 years old on ebay lately kinda reminds me of that story about being surrounded by alligators while trying to drain the swamp.

A veritable exercise in futility!!

Art

Hang on a hot second Art.

Dont think I dont remember your maiden song of wanting to find just one good Kabar.

That was a whole collection for you ago. ;)

Aw, com'on you sound like my wife :lol:

I started counting my Ka-bars and Mark 2s, and ended up at 21, not counting the ones I plan on selling (two or three, I think). I'll bring them to the Raleigh show in September, but when I went over the one's I have, I found that I only have bought two or three off ebay, the rest from shows, estate sales, and the like.

I don't like the perfect ones, I look for one's that have been used but not abused. The prices on ebay tend to the ridiculous. The shows have better prices, and I know several people who will be at the Raleigh show who will have decent used ones for good prices.

On the other hand, if you really take your time, you can find decent Ka-bars/Mark 2s for under $100 on ebay. You just need to have patience.

THAT KA-BAR ON YOU PAY IS A REAL BEAUTY BUT, THAT PRICE IS A KILLER.

If you watch that seller he has something of that quality, not always in that price range, but always of that quality every single week

Quite fortunate to have that kind of inventory or supplier these days IMHO

I won't argue if you call me "cynical" (Just don't call me late for dinner :))

Art