Original WW2 USGI M1 Front Seam Swivel bail Helmet (#412A S) w/ Painted-On Field Camo?

otownmerch

Hey guys;

Just picked up a nice looking Front Seam Fixed bail M1 Steel Pot at the flea market this morning. Mfgr: Schlueter, Heat Stamp No. 'S 412A'. It's still got a nice finish to it with the cork, but I was wondering a bit about the finish. I can't tell if its just got some surface oxidation, or if the soldier applied a dabbing surface camouflage effect to it.

Just the look of it sort of reminds me of the makeshift camouflage applied to this M42 Stahlhelm in the field that we got from an American WW2 Veteran's estate which he picked up as a bring back from the Battle of the Bulge. I know it wasn't common or official practice exactly for American Soldiers to do this, however I have seen a few examples of where it was done. But I wasn't sure exactly so I thought I'd run it by you guys to see what you think. I've got a few more pictures of it too which I'll add to the thread also. Thanks.

Cheers;

MG

#USGI #WW2 #US #Army #Military #M1SteelHelmet #Camouflage #RearSeam #SwivelBail #S412A #Schlueter #FleaMarketFind #OTM

post-179193-0-14070700-1534117102_thumb.jpg

Shoot my bad. yeah, this one is a swivel. I was stuck on dumbass thinking about the last one I posted, which I still need to follow up on; should have proof read my work. :P my bad.