New helmet find

cagedfalcon

Is this Vietnam issue?

I'm sure this was post war camo paint but still cool with camo cover. Has been sanded before being painting otherwise I would remove it.

Liner strap missing, anyone have a pic so I can keep eye open for one?

Price was right.Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

RememberThe5thESB

I'm assuming the paint job is some ones post war art project. The cover looks late war ERDL, the shell itself is a McCord made shell from the 1950s. If you didn't know that already, but anyways interesting helmet.

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

Thanks,

The camo cover smells like something that died 3 months ago. Is it ok to wash or Fabrez it?

Cover 1978, Liner 1976? or 1978?, Sweatband 1980, Shell 1950s, a nice early 80s set up, no problems, just get yourself a 70s nape strap and a camo band, preferably a 60s pre cat eyes. The shell paint job, like others stated, your call to repaint it. The cover, wash it, that's what we did when we came back from the field.

RememberThe5thESB

If you wanted to you could try to remove the paint on the shell and see if there's any good OD left. Or just paint over it like others have suggested.

get yourself a 70s nape strap and a camo band, preferably a 60s pre cat eyes.

Ok, I understand nape strap....but camo band & pre cat eyes????

Any example pics?

Thanks

RememberThe5thESB

He just means a helmet band made before the introduction of the plastic reflectors. Something like these two.Posted ImagePosted Image

+1

Member 5th ESB got it, Cat Eyes where used by the early 80s, we had them done up, but preference for band without them is first choice. One more reason to get a band without Cat Eyes is that you might get a more current band, a band from the 2000s-2010s, which have a different appearance in OD shade and texture of cloth fabric, so a 60s-70s band is better.

Two topics on them (hit link in post # 2 for second topic. I fell into calling bands Pre Cat Eyes in this current topic, in the links I eschewed calling them that LOL

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/275803-when-did-cat-eyes-first-appear-on-the-