New find- Patch Blanket

Sarge8

Many of you may have seen this on Ebay. I think it may have been listed more than once, but I saw it and went for it. Most if not all the patches are pretty common, but what makes it nice is that it seems to be patches from one large extended family- 15 men plus one lady ( and maybe her mate of boyfriend). A few different last names here but they all seem to be cousins, brothers, or in-laws. I have found most of them on Ancestry and am in the process of doing their family tree to establish relationships. Plan on putting together a note book with each person's bio. Have a few questions on a few items.

post-52851-0-27671600-1533933601.jpg

4th Quadrant, lower right: Note last square- no number. Cena was an Aunt, and I believe was a nurse; but probably not an Army nurse. Maybe Red Cross? Does the light blue patch ring a bell for anyone? Driver patch from some organization???

post-52851-0-46608500-1533934298.jpg

post-52851-0-72230200-1533934455.jpg

post-52851-0-46105400-1533934513.jpg

The center with the all the names: Who ever put the blanket together did a very nice job even if some of the patches and ribbons are not in the correct position.

post-52851-0-29145500-1533934673.jpg

This is actually the first time I've seen one with the ranks and ribbon bars included, along with the names of each member. Sad that someone in the family couldnt or didn't want to hold onto it. It's a great piece of history and I'm glad it's getting the respect and attention it deserves. Thanks for sharing!

MilRGRHistory

This is very cool, I remember seeing it on eBay and if I had the space for it to be displayed as it should...would have been very tempted to purchase. Glad you got it and are keeping the history of that family living.

Thanks for all the comments. Very happy to be the care-taker for the near future. The seller said he had reached out to surviving family and no one responded. He bought it at a local auction. A lot of work went into making this.

Frank