1950 Dated .45 Holster

Ronnie

Is a 1950 dated Boyt .45 Holster a hard item to find? A friend picked one up at a Flea Market over the weekend. Sorry I have no photos. It is a brown holster that has been dyed black on the front. I have never seen one with that date.

Thanks for any help you can give us.

Ronnie

Ronnie

Here are a couple of later BOYT holsters I have.Both are for Revolvers.

No date physically stamped on them other than the MRT 1962 and that I assume is when they were treated.Possible they were treated when made and stamped?

post-342-0-42091700-1533700403_thumb.jpg

post-342-0-75805700-1533700415_thumb.jpg

post-342-0-07490200-1533700433_thumb.jpg

Here is one from L.M.E and dated November 1953

I think these are fairly uncommon.Have not seen any other than the few I found.I understand they are listed in Duffs holster book.

Not sure what contracts BOYT had post WW2.I have spoken to a person whos a VP and the ad-hoc BOYT Company Historian.THis was 10 years ago,He also collected.I was interested in seeing if information was available for the Contracts and the types of markingsused by BOYT and the changes etc.He told me there is really no company records due to a fire post war.I never asked what year the fire was.I wonder if he still works at the factory.I am in the area occasionally but its usually not during business hours.

post-342-0-18141000-1533700863_thumb.jpg

post-342-0-12305300-1533700871_thumb.jpg

Here is one from L.M.E and dated November 1953

I think these are fairly uncommon.Have not seen any other than the few I found.I understand they are listed in Duffs holster book.

Not sure what contracts BOYT had post WW2.I have spoken to a person whos a VP and the ad-hoc BOYT Company Historian.THis was 10 years ago,He also collected.I was interested in seeing if information was available for the Contracts and the types of markingsused by BOYT and the changes etc.He told me there is really no company records due to a fire post war.I never asked what year the fire was.I wonder if he still works at the factory.I am in the area occasionally but its usually not during business hours.

Should read Meadows Book(not Duff)

Well Ron, the commercial logo (BOYT with stars) is definively post war commercial. I had an M2 compass case so marked. The post war contracts Boyt got from uncle Sam for the USAF black M1916 dtd 1950, still show the old WWII logo (of course with new date). MRT treatment became a must after jungle experience and (when inked) was added after manufacturing. It' a sort of impregnation which doesn't affect the look of the finish.

Well Ron, the commercial logo (BOYT with stars) is definively post war commercial. I had an M2 compass case so marked. The post war contracts Boyt got from uncle Sam for the USAF black M1916 dtd 1950, still show the old WWII logo (of course with new date). MRT treatment became a must after jungle experience and (when inked) was added after manufacturing. It' a sort of impregnation which doesn't affect the look of the finish.

Good info.

One BOYT holster is named to a Major on the back of a strap