Camillus Mil-k 1958 only $995 or offer (ebay) my offer rejected

Misfit 45

Hi Folks,

I find that some ebay people are very optimistic. The "buy it now" price is $995. You might want to move fast on this one. Looks like a prototype to me. I offered $25. My offer was rejected. # 292647394135

Marv

post-26996-0-99782200-1533520509_thumb.jpg

I find the blade quite interesting. Can't recall seeing one like that. Saw a beat up WW2 Ka-bar on ebay, # 123293409281 seller asking a $1000, pretty rough shape. Lot's of wishful thinking. SKIP

I have to admit that there are a lot of things lately, mostly in the last few years, that don't seem to make much sense to me.

I find the blade quite interesting. Can't recall seeing one like that. Saw a beat up WW2 Ka-bar on ebay, # 123293409281 seller asking a $1000, pretty rough shape. Lot's of wishful sleeping. SKIP

I saw that one today, looked closely at it. It brought to mind the saying "A fool and his money . . ."

As for the 1958 Camillus, nether rare (I've found several in the past 4 or 5 years without even looking hard; bought one and moved on) or in reasonable condition. The piece missing from the main blade looks to be the result of trying to pry a cap off a beer bottle, while the sharpening of the screw driver blade has me shaking my head.

Don't know what else to say.

Well I'd say a $25.00 offer was excessively more than this one is worth, I had a mint one for sale, and got an offer of $1 they were blocked as a bidder. that's just being a horses butt. There's a difference between being optimistic and being stupid. It just drives me nuts that people on e-bay will list a $25.00 patch for $350.00 It also amazes me that a rare patch will also surface in groups of 100. I think patch king is back in business or there adding numbers or stitching to a common patch too make all of sudden a rare variation.(not for fakes) Karma! Don't get me wrong everyone is entitled too make a profit. But not too make a living off selling two patches a week. I have too just shake my head, and laugh it off. As mentioned above, P.T. Barnum...a fool and his money are soon parted. Cavite Emptor. (Buyer Beware) Everyone learns the hard way. we just try too not be taken advantage of too often. Most people will respect you for a fair offer. People will look at you like an idiot for a stupid offer. Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump's, mama. :)

Lastly "Knowledge is King"

I'm done.....

Speaking of Camillus! Just stumbled across this one, Camillus MK1, #183364528766, w/ a buy now price of $778. Another case of extreme wishful thinking. Oh well, just a reminder for collectors to study the hobby. SKIP