A Navy ship yard with ships! Has anyone seen one like this?

P-59A

The ships and buildings are all 1/700 scale waterline models, probably various makers. It is not one kit, but put together from various kits. Most are still available.

I was being a jerk, sorry about that. It is nice, but I still don't know what I would do with it. The kid in me screams yes and the adult says why? You are correct, it is 3D art in a horizontal format.

Horizontal format....hmmmm....are all the ships, etc loose or is everything secure? Just an idea...would it be possible to put it vertically and use it as a wall hanging or something? It would make up less floor space and be easier to examine. My inner kid/adult Jeckel and Hyde are playing the same game with me.

Mikie

This is very nice. However, the older I get the less I want big things that will only take up lots of room and collect dust. ☺

• 2 months later...

If one considers the hours it took to put it together, and the material costs, a year's salary would not cover it, let alone $400.

It is also a display worthy of a cover, not as a dust collector.

If I had the spare money, I would have bought it and donate it to a naval & maritime museum, where it would be kept in pristine condition, and for thousands of others to appreciate.