1/6 b-17 Waist gunners position in color

P-59A

Proud Kraut

AWESOME, I haven't seen such a display before. What manufacture sells these figures & equipment or is the fuselage scratchbuilt?

Lars

AWESOME, I haven't seen such a display before. What manufacture sells these figures & equipment or is the fuselage scratchbuilt?

Lars

Lars, This is a kit bash. I modified two Dragon B-17 1/2 waist gunner sections to make one section. I used parts from GI Joes, Dragon, 21st Century and Cotsworld to make the uniforms and gear I also fabricated items to complete the details of the fuselage. The flak helmets were made with GI Joe helmets and plastic spoons cut to fit. The parachutes were modified from the "Jeb' paratrooper into QAC harnesses. The flak insulation seen between the stringers and runners is a painted paper towel cut to fit. The armor plate is thin sheet metal with cut finishing nails as bolt bolt heads. The ammo can holders are balsa wood with metal trim. The spent .50 ammo is metal. I cut the bullets and drilled holes. The pulls on the windows are bent wire. The list goes on and on.

Proud Kraut

Thanks P-59A, can't get enough of regarding your pictures. I have learned a lot today (including the history of the "Airacomet") - Terrific!

Thanks P-59A, can't get enough of regarding your pictures. I have learned a lot today (including the history of the "Airacomet") - Terrific!

The P-59A was the first unknown location crash site I went to. Two of them mid aired in the Mojave.

• 7 months later...
Rakkasan187

Impressive detailing..

I like how the gunner has his boots tied to his parachute in the event he has to bail out and then escape and evade.. Would be rather difficult to go far distances with the heavy insulated boots he is wearing..

Very ingenious detail to add to this display..

Leigh

Impressive detailing..

I like how the gunner has his boots tied to his parachute in the event he has to bail out and then escape and evade.. Would be rather difficult to go far distances with the heavy insulated boots he is wearing..

Very ingenious detail to add to this display..

Leigh

Leigh, good eye!