US Property marked Remington m 31 riot gun ?

Kansas Raider

Kansas Raider

Does any body have a photo or picture of the butt plate of a Remington model 31 riot shotgun so I can see what it looks like? Thanks Steve

• 2 weeks later...

368.JPG367.JPG366.JPGSorry this took so long but the M31 was buried far back in the safe. The buttplates on these were pretty much the same as those on the Remington Model 11 and similar guns. They were a dark brown plastic with Remington embossed on the top half.

• 3 years later...
EmperorWangDong

Sorry, I realize this is an old thread, but the  Remington Mod 31 Riot buttplates were flat and made of steel. I have a Police Property marked Model 31 Riot, if you are still interested I can take a photo of the correct buttplate.

4 hours ago, EmperorWangDong said:

Sorry, I realize this is an old thread, but the  Remington Mod 31 Riot buttplates were flat and made of steel. I have a Police Property marked Model 31 Riot, if you are still interested I can take a photo of the correct buttplate.

I’ve got a question about what you said above: Are you sure the steel buttplate on your Police Remington isn’t an example from an Arsenal..? I have seen Winchesters with an Arsenal-installed flat buttplate made of steel, rather than the factory Winchester Bakelite buttplate….just wondering if your Remington has been through an Arsenal inspection (like Augusta)…….

EmperorWangDong

99% sure. Of all the Model 31 Riots I can find, they all have a flat steel buttplate as well as a sling swivel installed under the barre and on the buttstock.