Long Time Iron Cross Collector

Brian R

Hi Everyone - I am relatively new here although I have been lurking for years. I became interested in WWII collectibles at around the age of 13 and, unlike my peers, collected militaria during my high school years. I took about ten years off but returned to the hobby when I was about 27. Now 45, I've been an avid Iron Cross collector for years and have grown particularly fond of Iron Cross awards that are attributable to a person and/or a battle. I even wrote a book - Iron Cross Award Documents of World War II.

http://www.kleinekillpress.com/premiere-book-release.html

This same interest has brought me to US Militaria in recent years - both WWI and WWII. I'm very much interested in awards or award groups from the European Theater that are attributable to a soldier and his actions. My main WWI interest is the 77th Division (in which my Lithuanian immigrant great-grandfather served). My main interests in WWII from a US militaria standpoint are 8th Air Force groups as well as awards and award groups attributable to the border battles of 1944/45. I'm pleased to a member of this forum.

Thank you,

Brian R

New York

Hello Brian, welcome to the forum! Your books looks well, did you own the documents?

Thank you!!

Yes, about 75% of the documents featured in the book are from my collection - the rest were from friends and contributors. I have sold a bunch in recent years but still own close to half that are featured in the book.

Best,

Brian

Backtheattack

Great, and you own provisionally documents, too. Last ones are interesting, have seen some not written by the unit, but by police as a message to the family.