Lot of WW2 Small Size Naval Aviator Badges Are any of them good ?

TheMariner

I picked up a massive collection of insignia while I was away this is just a few of the items! I will be offering the entire collection the forum in the next few days as I paid a fortune for it! These were the only insignia I dont have a good handle on and I know some of these can get very expensive are any of them rare variants, these are all what I believe to be the 1- 1 1/2 inch insignia! Thanks for looking hopefully one of them is good! post-160496-0-83726500-1531780178.jpg

The first row top is a H&H sterling

First row bottom is gemsco

Middle row top is snowflake back amcraft

Final row top is Balfour but I believe it might have been part of a sweet heart pin because there is a loop on the back

Final row bottom is marked Vanguard NY

Thanks for looking just wanted to make sure I was getting full price for these! I know the value of the rest in the lot! If someone get back today I will post the entire collection for sale here tonight or tomorrow whenever I get a minute!

PS by good I mean worth any extra money, I know they are all real, just wanted to clarify that!

minis seem to be worth a fraction of full size...big bucks seem to be limited to top makers like BB&B

Thanks Brig, I was curious because I had a hard time finding sales of mini's I did see some going for big money though or comparable to the full-size in some cases! They seem to be a little bit more uncommon then full-size ? I was wondering if any of them could be 10K but none are marked and I dont have any way of testing them, there was only 2x in the lot that are suspect!

minis seem to be worth a fraction of full size...big bucks seem to be limited to top makers like BB&B

Have to concur with Brig...the high end pieces from top makers tend to bring good money. The rest are not worth as much as their full sized counterparts.

Have to concur with Brig...the high end pieces from top makers tend to bring good money. The rest are not worth as much as their full sized counterparts.

Thanks Dave, do you have any idea about the piece that is like beveled and completely unmarked is there any chance that is 10K also why is it beveled and the rest are not ?

Precious metals by and large should have been marked by that era. Worst case invest in a precious metals test kit for under 20 bucks on Amazon...it is Prime Day today

Keep in mind that these had no real purpose during WWII as the dress mess didn't see use during the water. These we're sometimes purchased and worn by sweethearts or against regs on sidecaps