WW1 Local 'Victory Medal' to U.S. Army Nurse

dpast32

Hello Folks, I just picked up a somewhat uncommon WW1 era Local Victory Medal. I say uncommon, as in my years of collecting, I haven't encountered an overabundance of them. It was presented sometime ,during the early post war period by the Town of North Attleboro, Massachusetts & is named to an, M. M. Verge. I got very lucky on this one, as after just a few minutes searching, I got a solid 'hit'. It had been presented to Miss. Minnette Minda Verge, who served overseas in France with the U.S. ANC. She was part of the original cadre of Base Hospital No. 44, and went over with them in their initial transport. She returned home with them circa early 1919, & ended up getting married in 1921. Well, that's where I loose her trial, at least for the moment. I'm sure that with some deep searching I'll hopefully be able to pick up her trail once again.

I have a question for my fellow collectors here on the Forum, which is; 'About' how uncommon are U.S. WW1 era awards / medals to U.S. ANC Personnel ? I have come across them before, but never really paid any attention to them. Any advice, input, & or comments will be very much appreciated ! THANK YOU.

Best, dpast32