4th Marine Division uniform question and a cool find

No Quarter

Hello, I bought this 4th Marine Division Alpha today and had a question about the ribbon bar. There is a Philippine Liberation ribbon but I don't think the 4th Marine Division participated in that battle? While looking at the uniform, I lifted the inside lining and noticed two repairs on the pockets. There is frogskin camo hbt on the backsides of the pockets. I thought this was a pretty cool find. Any comments are welcomed!

Jacob

post-162535-0-40048500-1531600742_thumb.jpg

I'd ditch the Lt. bars off an enlisted tunic....other than that nice find!

Thanks! I believe it may be a put together uniform. I got it for a good price at a local surplus store I visit frequently.

jeremiahcable

As stated, the bars are definitely add ons and I'm pretty certain the ribbon bar and "Q" badge are too. As for the frogskin pattern material that is seen from time to time. HBT material scraps were used to back and reinforce pockets when the uniforms were made.

Is there a name in the blouse and any sign of rank?

Just ditch the LT bars. Some marine arty units did participate in the Philippines Campaign, so the bar is probably good.

As stated, the bars are definitely add ons and I'm pretty certain the ribbon bar and "Q" badge are too. As for the frogskin pattern material that is seen from time to time. HBT material scraps were used to back and reinforce pockets when the uniforms were made.

Is there a name in the blouse and any sign of rank?

There is no name or rank unfortunately.

Lucky 7th Armored

If you havent pull the sleeve all the way inside out on both sides.. youd be surprised where marines would mark there stuff sometimes!