First WW1 Wound Certificate!

tdogchristy90

tdogchristy90

Hey,

I've always loved the look of these and wanted one once I knew they were a thing. I'm wondering what the community thinks about it. I just got it in and did my research on the soldier and certificate. Thoughts, comments, concerns, compliments? Thanks for the input on my new aquasition.

Enjoy!

post-13708-0-25291500-1531358830_thumb.jpeg

post-13708-0-62249700-1531358845_thumb.jpeg

post-13708-0-37906700-1531358857_thumb.jpeg

Looks good to me, usually unframed examples have the margins cut for easier storage and sometimes the framed ones due too so they can fit in a smaller frame! Yours looks great with uncut margins! Always great to put a face to the name! Congrats on acquiring one, what I love so much about them is they are the per cursor to the PH as you know!

• 2 weeks later...
tdogchristy90

Quick question. I just dropped off my wound certificate "above" to be framed. I forgot to check its authenticity, i.e. uv-light. Should that be something I should do? Go back before it's framed and do a uv-light test? Thanks.

I'd only check it if the framing was really pricey. Can I ask where you found the certificate? Just wondering because the soldier was from up my way.

tdogchristy90

I'd only check it if the framing was really pricey. Can I ask where you found the certificate? Just wondering because the soldier was from up my way.

eBay. Seller said it came out of an estate sale in New York. I did my homework on the soldier and the certificate. Of course one can't be completely sure without some goofy paper testing. But the seller, return policy, look of the paper, research gave me a good feeling. I just never "officially" checked it with a light or anything once I got it in hand.