Searching for Unit for James L Kegel

Custermen

Someone came to me asking help finding out what unit their grandfather served with in Italy in 1944-45. I was hoping to at least identify his division but he might have been with a support unit. The only clues are a photo of the Veteran in an Army uniform with no patches or insignia. He said he was in the cold trenches in Italy and he believes he arrived in 1944 and I suppose late in 1944 based upon his late enlistment date.

James Laurence Kegel
NARA Records
KEGEL#JAMES#L###########
Army Serial Number 33774774
Residence: LANCASTER County, PENNSYLVANIA
Enlistment @ NEW CUMBERLAND Date 03-16-1944
Race: White Year of Birth: 1913
Job: Machinist Apprentice

CENSUS 1940
Lawrence J Kegel was born about 1914. In 1940, he was 26 years old and lived in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, with his wife, Pauline, son, and 2 daughters.
Find-A-Grave
James L Kegel 3 Oct 1913 – 9 Jan 1983
Lancaster, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, USA
Spouse: Jacqueline D Loeffler Kegel

Years ago, I used to find links to a list of all Veterans of Pennsylvania. Can't seem to find anything like that now. I would appreciate some help to get me started.

Steve C~

Good info. He might have arrived in time for the 5th Army attack on the GOTHIC Line. But I have to find some evidence that he did go to Italy and one of the divisions there. Possibly served in the 34th, 85th, 88th, or 91st Infantry Divisions but could be any support unit.

Thanks.