New named PH Fulcher who was he?

easterneagle87

easterneagle87

Picked up a named PH: Ernest C. Fulcher

I would like assistance getting some background info this veteran. Thanks, in advance.

post-9131-0-18814400-1530836613_thumb.jpg

Sounds like he was a good man from Virginia. Wore freshly pressed bib overalls and enjoyed Coca-Cola in the small bottles!!

Chris

Unfortunately, I couldn't find Ernest's unit but your best bet may be trying to get ahold of the newspaper clipping mentioned below. As you know, Ernest was from Patrick County.

The Martinsville Bulletin, established in 1889, covers the city of Martinsville, Henry County and Patrick County, all in southern Virginia.

Do you know them?

Mar 20, 2011

During World War II, Lucy Kellam Joyce kept a scrapbook of newspaper articles and clippings about local people serving in the war. Copies of those clippings are available on DVD and as paper copies at the Martinsville library, Bassett Historical Center and Martinsville-Henry County Historical Society's museum in the former courthouse.

If you don't find the person you're looking for in Joyce's collection (and this list), you probably will in another of the collections at the historical center.

These are the names of the soldiers and other servicemen and women (names are spelled as they appear) in Joyce's clippings:

Pfc. Henry Fulcher, Sgt. Richard Fulcher, Staff Sgt. Ernest C. Fulcher

everforward

I wish I could find his unit

Ernest Clyde Fulcher, ASN# 33047601

SSGT, Company F, 116th Infantry Regiment, 29th Infantry Division

SWA on or around 11 July 1944.

everforward,

easterneagle ought to be very pleased that you were able to find Ernest Fulcher's unit. Good job! Thanks...

everforward

I knew of another Fulcher in the 116th (Co. H) that may have been a relative....so I looked and there he (Ernest) was. FWIW anytime I see someone from Virginia that took part in the Normandy Invasion (as it was stated in the tribute above) I check the resources out there available for the Regiment. Always worth a look. :)