Unusual Navy Rate

Airborne-Hunter

Airborne-Hunter

I posted this in the navy patch section about a month ago and have since realized there is a specific rate category. The previous thoughts were that the maroon rate is possible public health service, but it hasn't been confirmed. It came with some navy and some shipping board stuff. Any thoughts on the one piece? Thanks ABN

post-1800-0-51219000-1530294679.jpg

David Minton

Here's some Public Heath Service ranks, these have applique chevrons, so perhaps yours is a later rank, as yours has embroidered chevrons.

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/15703-uspublic-health-service-ratings/

I was going to comment, then I noticed you posted the thread I used to help identify the one USPHS rate I own, back in 2014.

The color looks right, but do the eagle, and chevrons match a particular pattern? Not like the 1930s example I own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was going to comment, then I noticed you posted the thread I used to help identify the one USPHS rate I own, back in 2014.

The color looks right, but do the eagle, and chevrons match a particular pattern? Not like the 1930s example I own.

Sent from my iPhone u

post-34986-0-02109300-1530331450.jpg

This particular style, with embroidered chevrons rather then applique, is characteristic of some late-sh WWII Navy crows, but especially post WWII, when this style basically became thee standard style. But These now that we're looking appear to be applique too, at first they seem to be embroidered, so it has the characteristic applique appearance of the WWII style.