My Bronze Star collection

kristoffer

Camp Atterbury

Camp Atterbury, located in south-central Indiana, about 4 miles (6.4 km) west of Edinburgh, Indiana.

Camp Atterbury also served as a military reception and separation center during the war. Its separation center, one of eighteen such facilities in the United States, discharged a total of 537,344 enlisted men and 39,495 officers from military service.

aznation, thanks a lot! Really appreciate it. Now I have much more info to go on.

Regards Kristoffer

kristoffer

This is a very nice Bronze Star awarded to a James C Burke Jr. I have tried to get his records but didn't get much unfortunately.He was from Norfolk, Massachusetts.

I found a payroll from the 512th Single Engine Flying Training Squadron mentioning him. Dated April 14, 1944. Anyone has any additional info about this squadron?

Regards Kristoffer

post-2812-0-53728300-1530640074_thumb.jpg

kristoffer

This Bronze Star was awarded to Raymond N. Hart. I havent done any research on it yet but can only find one match.

Raymond N. Hart - 33426952

Born in 1906. From Alaska.

I really like the engraving on it!

Regards Kristoffer

post-2812-0-26666200-1530887949_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

James A. Fileccios Bronze Star.

This is part of a D Day grouping.

They belonged to a solder of I Co, 8th Infantry, 4th Infantry Division. He landed on Utah beach on D Day fought his way of the beach into the Normandy headgerows. He was wounded on June 24 and was sent back to England.

I don't know much more about him unfortunately. Happy to have this in my collection.

post-2812-0-63983700-1532007747_thumb.jpg