MOLLE medical vest question

bheskett

MOLLE medical vest question. I just picked up and medical vest 4 med pouches with 2 mag pouches each hold three. The mag pouches have what looks to be an external grenade pocket like the LC-2 pouches and on the opposite side a smaller pocket that is large enough for a 9MM mag. Does anyone have a pic of these in use or TM for this particular vest. I have the manuals for the standard MOLLE gear and it is not in that book.

milsurp_scout_14

That other side pocket is either for a 40mm or flashbang grenade. There's a similar pouch that goes with the Safariland produced RACK stuff, but its side pocket is slightly different. I don't have a manual, nor can I find a pic of one in use unfortunately.

Those vest were very much a transitional item. They are not really part of the MOLLE system. The USMC had already adopted MOLLE1 and the Army started issuing the medic vest, but went ahead and incorporated the PALS/MOLLE attachment system on the vest anticipating they were soon to also adopt MOLLE1 in the near future. Or that's what I was told... The only time I ever saw this version of the medic vest in use was on CNN when 911 happened, there were several combat medics outside of the pentagon.