War Surplus Navy Nurse Uniforms

Brian Keith

Brian Keith

I picked up a couple of cases of these uniforms about 25 plus years ago at a flea market. Im 99% sure they are WW II Vintage.

Thanks for looking.

BKW

post-1549-0-91835700-1529721555_thumb.jpg

post-1549-0-47339700-1529721583.jpg

More to follow.

Brian Keith

I had a request for a full length photo; I guess I should have done that to start with. I had to dig out the boxes again as I made the other photos some time ago. I left it as a horizontal photo so you would be able to see it larger. Notice the brown stain just above the waist; it is apparently glue residue from the paper packing bag. I dont know if it would come off. These are all Size 16. I suspect this is pretty small in todays world. Also note the cuffs are made to fold up and fastened with cuff links. In both photos, the belt is in the breast pocket.

If you collect or are interested in US womens uniforms, you MUST get Dressed for Duty by Jill H Smith, Vol. One and Two. Very good stuff!

This type of ward dress is discussed on pages 412-415 of Vol. 1.

Thanks for your interest!

Manayunkman, I think that is a re-inspection date.

Nurses in white dresses are quite beautiful, can you imagine trying to keep it clean in an emergency room!

BKW

post-1549-0-87226000-1529727143_thumb.jpg

WWII Legacy Girl

Those indeed are Navy Nurse Corps white working uniforms. Depending on the length, they are either second pattern WWII or else post-war/Korean War if they are longer. WWII female uniforms fall about knee-length for the skirt and Korean War era fall about shin-length.