WWII Clerk reporting for duty

AirCorpsClerk

AirCorpsClerk

Hi all, I'm Cody. Life-long resident of southern New Jersey.

At not yet 23 I'm one of the young ones in the militaria and living history communities.

My main interest is WWII, with a focus on US Army and Army Air Forces clerical/administrative stuff at the lower levels. I'm especially interested in office supplies, and in blank forms/paperwork. Many folks find it boring, and few folks give this stuff much thought or care, but it's what keeps me going in life.

I don't know of anyone else who is actively collecting this kind of stuff, but I hope I'm not the only one.

I do living history as a USAAF squadron clerk, as well as a clerk (and crew member) in a Railway Operating Battalion group.

My other military interests are (all WWII):

Railway operations and maintenance/construction

Telephone line construction/maintenance

Teleohone switchboards

Teletypes

Mimeograph machines

Typewriters

I'm looking forward to learning from you all, and I hope at least someone can make use of the info I have to offer as well.

Thanks for having me aboard!

Welcome to forum Cody;

If you like models, especially of WWII trains, please check out willysmb44's (Lee) layout in the Hobbies & Models section of the forum. Again welcome and enjoy yourself.

Semper Fi.

Manny

Welcome!

I'm a big fan of admin stuff from WW2 as I collect war correspondent stuff. I'm also a huge train fan, so I also collect WW2 Army RR operating unit stuff as well.

If you like models, especially of WWII trains, please check out willysmb44's (Lee) layout in the Hobbies & Models section of the forum.

The most recent postings I've made on this can be found here: http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/266377-1943-era-model-railroad-layout/page-11

AirCorpsClerk

Welcome!

I'm a big fan of admin stuff from WW2 as I collect war correspondent stuff. I'm also a huge train fan, so I also collect WW2 Army RR operating unit stuff as well.

The most recent postings I've made on this can be found here: http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/266377-1943-era-model-railroad-layout/page-11

In terms of Militart Railway Service, my main interest is in the Railway Operating Battalions, especially the 746th ("sponsored" by the MKT but actually trained by the PRR) as I'm in a small living history group that is dedicated to portraying the 746th ROB. But anything military railroading always intrigues me.

I just did an event at the Strasburg Rail Road on Memorial Day weekend, and it was actually our first official event portraying the 746th, and the railroad had us riding a dedicated mixed freight, and later we were part of a photo shoot all centered around us and the trains.

Wow, I'd love to do a ROB themed event but nobody around here is interested in anything like that. Would love to see photos of that Strasburg event, I used to go there often when I was stationed at Aberdeen Proving Ground.

Here are a few RR items from my collection:

post-2617-0-11391900-1530229694_thumb.jpg