French M1 helmet ww2 or Korea ?

usaaf93

Hello

First of all I know this forum is about the US military but this helmet even used by a french soldier is related to the US Army.

I found this helmet in the countryside of eastern France two weeks ago. I paid 20 bucks for it so I am 300% sure all is real.

It is a fixed bail M1 helmet. It has two french flag on each side like the one used by some units of the french first army in 1944.

The weird stuff is that star on the front. It does not look like the marrocan star used by some colonial units in 1944.

In the middle of the star you can see like the remain of an indian head. Is it ww2 related for you ?

The other theory is that it looks like the indian head of the US 2nd infantry division.

The only time this unit was linked to the french army is when in 1950 the french UN battalion for Korea was under command of the US 2nd army division.

There is a name inside written in pencil that looks like "LAVERGNE".

Do you know if there is a roster of the french soldier commanded by the US army in Korea ?

Thanks for you help.

By the way it is not for sale. I am just looking for information.... Thanks

Julien

img_2410.jpg
img_2411.jpg
img_2412.jpg
img_2413.jpg
img_2414.jpg
img_2415.jpg

Hello, Very nice helmet and your theory about the French attached to the 2nd ID in Korea is very interesting. Did you try posting it on French forums - there are a few collectors who know a lot about the involvement of the French during the Korean war.

Hello

Yes I did on one website. This is where the 2ID theory was given to me. The problem is that I find no roster for this unit.

The helmet was found between Dijon and Dole which was liberated by the french 1st army in 1944.

If you want to post it on other website please go ahead !