Unusual M1 Helmet Pot and Liner

Polygon

Hey guys,

I came across an interesting M1 helmet pot and liner today. The pot and liner has a bluish-green paint job along with a velcro chinstrap which I've never seen before on an M1 helmet set. There was a woodland PASGT helmet cover attached to it as well. Maybe one of the last few M1 helmets in use just as the PASGT helmets were coming about? I was also thinking this could be an OPFOR piece as I've seen some OPFOR helmets with this paint color.

post-187-0-97685800-1529259864_thumb.jpg

Hi polygon

The shell is an correct US made Mac cord , post war, 1951/ 58 period , the liner is the last pattern( post vietnam), whith the extractible suspension "cradle ", the seetband is use for pasg helmet , my guess about chinstrap is a " local made " from 73 nylon set chinstrap.

Regards

Hi polygon

The shell is an correct US made Mac cord , post war, 1951/ 58 period , the liner is the last pattern( post vietnam), whith the extractible suspension "cradle ", the seetband is use for pasg helmet , my guess about chinstrap is a " local made " from 73 nylon set chinstrap.

Regards

Thank you for the information. Do you know where the chinstrap could have been made?

I'm pretty sure the chinstrap is something surplus stores would add to helmets to sell them easier.

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

Those style of chinstraps can be seen a lot. To the best of my knowledge they are not US made. Either some foreign military or a surplus store trying to make a wearable helmet from whatever they have. As for the PASGT helmet cover being used on an M1, it is probably another case of surplus stores putting together whatever they have, but it isn't unheard of for military members to do that.

post-153751-0-81079300-1529356199.jpg

Those style of chinstraps can be seen a lot. To the best of my knowledge they are not US made. Either some foreign military or a surplus store trying to make a wearable helmet from whatever they have. As for the PASGT helmet cover being used on an M1, it is probably another case of surplus stores putting together whatever they have, but it isn't unheard of for military members to do that.

attachicon.gifpost-125364-0-85067000-1434317103.jpg

It's possible it's just a surplus store frankenstein helmet. I feel like I've seen this velcro style chinstrap before though but I can't place it. Is it possible like I mentioned in my first post that this is some kind of aggressor helmet for OPFOR games? Color is a bit similar to the one in my attached image.

post-187-0-58302400-1529356443.jpg