Post war sweatband, fake !

crassou54

Bonjour a tous!

I'm bit ashamed to show my latest purchase , (on e bay us),because , too confidence in myself, i didn't not see some détails , éspécially a mistake on the stamp!!, visible to the naked eye!!!.

the first point: the most important is the error in the sequence of contract number, it should be written DA 33 ?? i have never see DA33 for fiscal year 57, is DA 36 .

Second point: the web is wider than a one millimeter , this width corresponds to head band made from early 60 .

third point: the leather seems to me like a "cardboard" with a lack of cut , lack that i did not observe on any models .

So , i think must be careful, even with this kind of item , in short , its a beginner error for me .

Have a nice day at all

post-174275-0-18985700-1529240461_thumb.jpg

post-174275-0-58693800-1529240526_thumb.jpg

post-174275-0-95145200-1529240597_thumb.jpg

post-174275-0-34891100-1529240655_thumb.jpg

thomasglover

Don’t worry, they’re real!

DA 33- These contracts predate the later dated DSA contracts (like DSA 100-67-C etc). ‘33’ is NOT a year, just part of the contract number. DA 33 and DA 36 are both legitimate.

Leather varies hugely, sometimes supple, sometimes dry.

These I can see just from the photos are 100% real. Stitching, contract stamps, everything. The bottom one looks particularly good, not easy to find that clean.

Get Mark Reynosa’s Post World War II M 1 Helmets book, you’ll see many exams les like yours.

All good!

Burning Hazard

I don't see anything wrong with these sweatbands. I've gone through many sweatbands and each had some sort of tiny variation in manufacture; even sweatbands from the same maker would vary slightly. These were mass produced, sometimes assembled by hand, so each is not going to be perfectly the same. Leather will vary as well depending on storage and wear; some service members would wear hair tonic/mousse, which would react with the leather and causing it to get much darker in appearance.

I also think it's still waaaaay to early for these 50's and 60's sweatbands to be faked as they're still cheap and plentiful.

Pat

Mutch thank's for your reply

Was worried about nothing , but , compared to the ones i already have in my collection, those of the photo photos i posted, this DA 33 had really seemed abnormal, and i had no trace of this DA 33.

But , there are still some repro' , for examples ; at JJ Murray , but easily detectable .

In schort, i really need to buy the good Reysona's book , but not foud in France.

Best regards ( i'm going to sleep better tonight)

thomasglover

Mutch thank's for your reply

Was worried about nothing , but , compared to the ones i already have in my collection, those of the photo photos i posted, this DA 33 had really seemed abnormal, and i had no trace of this DA 33.

But , there are still some repro' , for examples ; at JJ Murray , but easily detectable .

In schort, i really need to buy the good Reysona's book , but not foud in France.

Best regards ( i'm going to sleep better tonight)

Here you go...

https://www.amazon.fr/Post-World-War-M-1-Helmets-Illustrated/dp/076431033X/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1529487829&sr=8-2&keywords=mark+reynosa