Sat night WW2 USMC haul!

stucky151

Went to the 1940s ball in Colorado, they had some vendor booths set up and one both just happened to have vintage clothing and all this was on his rack, from his fathers service. Needless to say, I bought it all and will be visiting the vet in the very near future as he wants to move all his stuff. Here is a little snapshot of the grouping. The HBT combat jacket and monkey pants are about as mint as you could ask for. All the green HBTs are near perfect except the set he wore in theater. Even the Frog pattern is perfect.

post-52581-0-87301600-1529217008_thumb.jpeg

Appreciate the comments. From what he told me he has his M1 helmet and field gear and more uniforms. Ill be excited to to speak with him and check it all out. I dont collect most of it but who am I to turn him down.

For those who may be in the area, they host two 1940s balls in CO each year. They do a winter ball and a summer one with an airshow. This years theme was V-Day, with an airshow, big bands, and a ton of displays. If your in the area, worth yor trip! This year they had a lot of WW2 vets and they introduced each one and read their bios. Such a great event. Heres a few shots from it.

post-52581-0-10408500-1529247888.jpeg

post-52581-0-92102400-1529247903_thumb.jpeg

jeremiahcable

I saw your auctions for a lot of this stuff, looks like it might be James C Vargo, not John C, according to the muster rolls. James C Vargo is the only Vargo that was a corporal with the initials J.C., served in the mid-50s. Did the vet's son say who his dad was with and when?

I had quite a few drinks before hand, I thought he had said John. Mr Vargo is not his father. His dad is OC Er vin. Ill change the info on my listings. Much appreciated