Camo German Helmet

doyler

Helmet brought back by Navy vet(H Larsen).

Its a tan over paint with the Luftwaffe eagle under the paint.The blue paint is seen on the underside of the helmet.Also has the soldiers name on the skirt twice.Once in white paint and th eother hand etched into the base paint.

Helmet was found by a couple guys hired to clean out a house to be sold.When I was contacted about the helmet much of the other items they found were already sold.I was able to purchase a set of Japanese binoculars,A early Murata bayonet that was shortened to a trainer,German tropical belt and buckle,spotter guides etc.

post-342-0-02074800-1529199478_thumb.jpg

post-342-0-47672400-1529199510_thumb.jpg

post-342-0-33717900-1529199653_thumb.jpg

USCapturephotos

Wow Ron. I love it. Is the darker shade I think I see just the dark luft grey showing through or is that a touch of green. I have one that is a similar color with some more green applied that was brought back from a vet in Indiana. Thanks for sharing it with us!

Paul

Nice one Ron...I have a soft spot for German helmets. Many people would call that a "tropical" camo, but it is most likely from Normandy/France. I have a very similar one that was also brought back by a Sailor....

Very nice Ron. Very happy to see that only the helmet was liberated (and not the decal)

Great helmet. Thanks for posting. Did the finders tell you what else they found?

Yeah there was some stuff.

One guy had been hired to clean out the house as the family/relatives wanted it emptied to sell.The deal was anything that was left was his payment for the clean out.After seeing the house he called in a friend to help.The house was 5 floors which included the basement and attic.Also an old carriage hous that was the garage.It took them two months to clean it out.The family had taken what they wanted the rest wasn't of interest.

The person who contacted me was the helper.He told me there had been other "military stuff" but they had sold it.When I inquired to what was the "other stuff" he said they found a Luger and 32 bayonets and swords.He also described other items of antique nature:furniture,toys,primitives etc.Any clothing they found was thrown in a yard long as trash.The home had been in the same family for 125 years.Sounded like a time capsule to me.

Kurt Barickman

Wow, what fun to have gone through that house and not only for militaria. You got a great helmet Ron.

Kurt

Great helmet Ron. I hope you are keeping it. The hounds will be out after you.

Nick

Thanks Nick

Its not a new find.Actually had it a few years.

• 4 weeks later...
RANDALL 1953

Amazing camo, just the way you would like to find them. Once had a M 40 camo with wood chips added to the finish. Still wish I had kept that one.