Rare Iwo Jima Invasion diagrams (As seen on Pawn Stars)

No Quarter

Hello, I posted this in the wrong section but figured this was a better place to post it. I was fortunate to be able to purchase these Iwo Jima battle plans a few weeks ago. If you watch the show Pawn Stars, they had some of these too. Apparently they are extremely rare. Thanks for looking!

Jacob

post-162535-0-32784100-1529110823_thumb.jpg

General Colt

Nice map. I also saw the Iwo map they had on Pawn Stars a few years ago. Rick wanted like $12,000 for a set of two! :blink:

Nice map. I also saw the Iwo map they had on Pawn Stars a few years ago. Rick wanted like $12,000 for a set of two! :blink:

I saw that. I wonder if he ever sold them haha.

Very cool!

It's a nice map, I collect Iwo Jima maps and I'm still missing that one. It's valuable for sure, but the Pawn Stars estimate is crazy and unrealistic. It's not worth that much and there are still a bunch out there as someone on the forum finds one every now and then. They are probably comparable in value to the other Iwo Jima maps that come up for sale on e-bay from time to time. Something to remember is that West Point and other training schools were using famous WWII battle maps long after WWII for training so a lot of these sort of things aren't necessarily ones the veterans kept as souvenirs.

-Steve

Very cool!

It's a nice map, I collect Iwo Jima maps and I'm still missing that one. It's valuable for sure, but the Pawn Stars estimate is crazy and unrealistic. It's not worth that much and there are still a bunch out there as someone on the forum finds one every now and then. They are probably comparable in value to the other Iwo Jima maps that come up for sale on e-bay from time to time. Something to remember is that West Point and other training schools were using famous WWII battle maps long after WWII for training so a lot of these sort of things aren't necessarily ones the veterans kept as souvenirs.

-Steve

+1

Pawn Stars is more of a "not reality" show and its all scripted...just a soap opera with worse actors

• 6 months later...

Decided to read Rick Harrison's book "License to Pawn" again. I know a lot of collectors dislike the show but Pawn Stars and American Pickers are what really got me into collecting militaria so they will always be some of my favorite shows. Anyway, in the picture section in the middle of the book are pictures of the Iwo Jima maps he bought. He says he sold one for $10,000! I know the show isn't true reality but I don't see a reason to exaggerate about a sold price in a picture caption in his autobiography? Let me know your thoughts on this? Maybe a rich guy just wanted them but wasn't a military collector and didn't know a realistic value?

Jacob

post-162535-0-79518200-1546208078_thumb.jpg