Theatre made PARAMARINE and a few others

4thraiders

Trying to help a guy I know on another platform

What do you think of these patches. He will give them the glow test later this week.

post-180935-0-35077200-1528840352.jpeg

I dont have the back for the marine raiders but it appears to be Aussie made, I know its real due to its provenance

post-180935-0-99141600-1528840534.jpeg

post-180935-0-27545200-1528840566.jpeg

My opinion...I would have doubts on the Paramarine and 1st MarDiv. I think the Raider is bad just going on the front.

Your Raider patch "could" be real.

Really need to see the back.

There are tells on the Aussie made Raider and Para Marine patches(also 1st Div and the other units made in Australia)

The weave of the material is distinct

Also there typically is a white or black piece of material(linen or cotton?) over the back covering the threads

Often this is gone but if its there you can see an other detail and its more obvious when the backing is missing

THis detail is a series of horizonal threads left from the embroidery process.

There was a copy made in Japan several years ago but the skull is more cartoon-ish with the smile looking more like the Joker from Batman.Plus the threads on the back are very loos as I recall and the material is close but it has more of a shine to it

Here is a Raider I have.

post-342-0-94040400-1528855016_thumb.jpg

post-342-0-56186200-1528855047_thumb.jpg

post-342-0-93622500-1528855092_thumb.jpg

Here is a close up of the white backing.

Note the raised area which is the threads I mentioned.This should be there on originals (in my experiance)

post-342-0-59457000-1528855216_thumb.jpg

Also as I understand when these were made they were in a roll and cut off.

Have seen the bottom "squared off but mostly they are cut at an angle prior to sewing onto a uniform.You will see variations at times of the angle or amount of material removed.

As stated really nedd to see the back of the Raider patch posted to get a better look at its construction

Also as I understand when these were made they were in a roll and cut off.

Have seen the bottom "squared off but mostly they are cut at an angle prior to sewing onto a uniform.You will see variations at times of the angle or amount of material removed.

As stated really nedd to see the back of the Raider patch posted to get a better look at its construction

Ill ask and see if he can get the picture for sure! Thanks for the insight , its much appreciated!

What do you think is up with the paramarine?

Ill ask and see if he can get the picture for sure! Thanks for the insight , its much appreciated!

What do you think is up with the paramarine?

Not a fan of the Paramarine

Has a look to it like some of the patches being copied out of Asia...to me the parachute and stars look computer sewn or guided.

BILL THE PATCH

On the backside of the paramarine inside the red diamond, with chute looks computer generated.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk