Potential navy helmet or

vette

Fixed bail front seam. I had noticed a discussion on this forum about a helmet with a similar stripe of red. I have had this one for a while. Notice the small spot on top of grey blue. Be patient on my pictures. I am an old guy and am having a hard time sizing on this site. I do appreciate all opinions. This forum has a lot of expertise and I respect that. I am sorry about the USN helmet I had posted a few days ago. I am having a hard time parting with it right now. Thanks in advance. Bill

post-8222-0-72585000-1528372987_thumb.jpg

post-8222-0-87175900-1528373047_thumb.jpg

Any more thoughts? Since there is a spot of dark blue on the dome, could this helmet have had a splatter while other helmets were painted for shore duty? Just a thought?

Bill, I don't see enough on this helmet to be able to ID it to any branch of the service. The small spot on top is inconclusive, IMO, and the red is interesting, but I don't think it's enough to go on. Nevertheless, nice pot and good luck on your search for info.

Best,

Bill

I agree with what you are saying pal. I had noticed a conversation about one that had a red band around it on this forum. I thought I would post this one to keep the discussion going. Maybe someday someone will find one in a war photo painted red. I am sure there will be more out there that would be interested in painted ones like this. This is a discussion forum and I do appreciate your response. Thanks Bill

I'd have to agree with Bill47. Not a whole that is definitive as it being used in any one branch of service. Just a nice helmet.