The "Second Stringers" of my first year

usmce4

Again, thanks for all the compliments on my previous post.

These are some of the ones I've accumulated that I think are nice, just not Ka-Bar USMC which are my favorites - except for the Horn Handled one which is, but not a "regulation" handle. The others are from left to right: Camillus USMC , Robeson Guard Marked MK2, Robeson Blade Marked MK2, Ka-Bar Bonderized Blank Blade, Camillus Screw-Top MK2, Ka-Bar "NOT a UDT" (I've show this one before, but it's in the pic), Camillus MK2, Another Camillus MK2 Screw-Top but with weird factory defects - maybe a "lunchbox special", and as mentioned above KA-Bar Large USMC Horn Handle.

Thanks again for looking,

Art

post-168413-0-75076500-1527961940_thumb.jpg

AHH!

You dog you! Lookin' good Art! :D

NOW..which one is closest to the one you had in the Corps?

AHH!

You dog you! Lookin' good Art! :D

NOW..which one is closest to the one you had in the Corps?

You know, I honestly can't remember if it was a Camillus or Ka-Bar. Maybe one of the experts on here can tell me. I'd sure appreciate it

(Now that I look at the pic blown up like that the sheath looks like a bayo - maybe the Ka-Bar was on my other side :()

Art

post-168413-0-60438200-1527963643_thumb.jpg

post-168413-0-70856400-1527963644_thumb.jpg

Another nice set of MK2's. I love the unique ones like the horn handled one. What were the "weird factory defects" you mentioned?

Another nice set of MK2's. I love the unique ones like the horn handled one. What were the "weird factory defects" you mentioned?

The false edge was never sharpened, it's flat (about 1/16th of an inch thick) and there are coarse grind marks along the last 2" or so of the real blade that were there before the knife was parkerized. Plus it came without a sheath. Everything else is correct and near mint.

I showed it to one of the more knowledgeable members of the forum at a show and he concurred, probably a lunchbox special.

Art

post-168413-0-78138400-1527979757_thumb.jpg

post-168413-0-79039400-1527979758_thumb.jpg