16 replies to this topic

#1 Browninggunner688

Browninggunner688
  • Members
    • Member ID: 85,527
  • 79 posts

Posted 01 June 2018 - 12:59 PM

Hi all.

At the beginning of this month ( 7th May ) I won an item from E bay seller  82ndalltheway96.  I paid immediately for the item and even asked the seller if he had some little bits I was looking for and I waited for a message to let me know if he had the bits and that  it has been shipped. As of last Saturday ( 25th May ) I had not heard anything nor received my item, I contacted the seller again, now my 4th message to him, and had no reply, I then sent a message saying I was ready to report him to E bay for not receiving the item, I got a response within the hour stating the shipping labels had been misplaced and he would re print them and send them either on Monday or Tuesday last week, and said I could have free shipping on more items if I so desired  I agreed to it and won 2 more items from the seller, sent several messages referring to the free shipping  then again nothing. In the meantime E bay have been putting pressure on me to pay for the items, In the end I have given in and paid for them including the shipping ( which was not even discounted for combined items )  I have sent 2 more messages and had no reply, the last one was saying that I was definitely reporting not receiving the first  item to E bay if it has not arrived by tomorrow ( 2nd June ).

I have even asked him to confirm that the other items have been shipped and requested a tracking number for all items and still not heard anything.

Is 82ndalltheway96 a member on here or dose anyone know him, I am not one to complain about things but this has really got me, I have been dealing with E bay members in America since 2003 and even bought several items off this forum and never ever had any trouble or non communication from anybody.

I apologise for my rant but I think other members should be made aware of this seller, I will never ever deal with him again.

I thank you all for your time in reading this.

Have a good day.

Nick. ( Lbdr, 5th Regt Royal Artillery, 6 yrs service. ) 

#2 manayunkman

manayunkman
  • Members
    • Member ID: 51,189
  • 12,529 posts

Posted 01 June 2018 - 01:19 PM

Open a non received case (s) and paypal will freeze all the money especially if it is all on one invoice.

I'm sure he will want to pave the way to smoother sailing after that.

#3 easterneagle87

easterneagle87
  • Members
    • Member ID: 9,131
  • 2,148 posts

Posted 01 June 2018 - 01:34 PM

If you used Paypal. request a refund. This usually puts a fire under most. If not that, then open a case and within x number of days you can your money back due a failure upon their end. As a seller, I hate refunds as $h!t happens. But sometimnes ya got to bite the bullet and make things right. Good liuck.  

#4 Kadet

Kadet
  • Members
    • Member ID: 110
  • 4,065 posts

Posted 02 June 2018 - 01:27 AM

Immediately start the Ebay process to open a case and get a refund, despite any promises from the seller. If you follow the Ebay procedures and timelines, you will eventually get your money back. Sometimes dishonest sellers try to string you along until it is too late to file a complaint with Ebay. 

#5 S1991

S1991
  • Members
    • Member ID: 4,316
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 02 June 2018 - 11:37 AM

Had some issues with him too, supposed to have send me a small pouch. Never received it... Contacted the seller for a refund and received it. I believe he is a re-enactor though.

#6 JasonT

JasonT
  • Members
    • Member ID: 154,340
  • 463 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 03:53 AM

I've also had a recent issue with the same seller. Purchased an item, then received something different that what what photos showed. He offered to send the correct one but then never did, so I just gave him negative feedback and moved on. He has 99% positive feedback on eBay, but it's due to the quantity of transactions he has. Look closer and you'll see he has almost 100 negative or neutral feedbacks in the past 6 months alone.

#7 huntssurplus

huntssurplus
  • Members
    • Member ID: 165,862
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 04 June 2018 - 11:00 AM

I have done a good amount of business with this seller. I'm pretty sure he is a reenactor, but has a multitude of common items that always end pretty cheap I have gotten a lot of field gear items from him and such in my earlier days of collecting because of how I could get a lot of items for pretty cheap. He is slow to ship and messes up orders a lot I have noticed most likely because of how many transactions he does per day. I would open a case because of how long it has taken for him to ship. He seems to be a pretty nice guy, but just overwhelmed. Been a while since I have bought anything from him. 

Hunt

#8 Browninggunner688

Browninggunner688
  • Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 04 June 2018 - 12:13 PM

Hi.

Thanks to everyone that has had a say on this matter, I have opened a case to try and get my money back as I have still not heard or received anything which is a shame because I really needed the items for my medics collection.

I will keep you all informed as to how the situation goes.

Nick.

#9 Browninggunner688

Browninggunner688
  • Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 11:50 AM

Hi all.

Quick update, seller refunded the first payment, no message or nothing just a refund in my PayPal account. Enquired about my second lot of items from him, again no message no items sent.

I will have to go through the whole process again making a claim for these other items.

Seriously, some people just take the biscuit.

Nick.

#10 manayunkman

manayunkman
  • Members
    • Member ID: 51,189
  • 12,529 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 03:17 PM

The seller suffers from pride and will keep your money right up to the last second believing that the money is really theirs.

One wonders what happened to the items you wanted.

They are probably so disorganized they lost them.

#11 huntssurplus

huntssurplus
  • Members
    • Member ID: 165,862
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 03:41 AM

I have probably spent a few hundred dollars on this seller, usually buying large lots of items for super cheap. Pouches, mess kits, canteens, you name it I bought usually buying 20-40 items for a few dollars a piece, I got some really good deals. However, whenever it arrived I always had to make sure everything was there as most times there would be an item or two missing. And usually, it ends up the seller had lost the items missing, so I would just trade for something else and on my next purchase he would throw in a few freebies. The seller seems like a nice guy but because of the number of sales he does every day, he seems to have a hard time getting all the orders right.

Hunt

#12 milsurp_scout_14

milsurp_scout_14
  • Members
    • Member ID: 153,911
  • 282 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 09:40 PM

I have had recent experience with this seller and it was absolute horror. Bid on and won 10 items of his over a 4 day period. Noticed after a few days none had been shipped. Messaged to ask why--no response. Fast forward 2 1/2 weeks, and everything is finally resolved. Out of 10 items: 3 refunded (2 never shipped, 1 'shipped' with another item, but not in package); and 7 made it to me after intense badgering of the seller to ship them (he blew well past his posted '3 day handling time' on all items). According to tracking, it took him two days between printing the label, and taking the stuff to the post office. Seller never responded to a single message. Refunds took a day or so. Items were as described, but believe me, it's not worth the hassle!

#13 daskrieg

daskrieg
  • Members
    • Member ID: 162,206
  • 48 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 10:59 PM

He is a good ole boy from North Caroluna and moves at his own speed...slow....ive bought from him he also has a second account i forget the name but check out his location Statesville NC. Has good stuff usually cheap but moves like a snail..

#14 Bugme

Bugme

ADMINISTRATOR

• Administrators
    • Member ID: 1,726
  • 14,631 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 11:22 PM

He is a good ole boy from North Caroluna and moves at his own speed...slow....ive bought from him he also has a second account i forget the name but check out his location Statesville NC. Has good stuff usually cheap but moves like a snail..

Moving slow may be his MO and he may be comfortable moving slow but, it not a very good excuse for violating your own shipping policy and not answering emails from your customers who have entrusted you.

There is another word for slow... lazy.

#15 daskrieg

daskrieg
  • Members
    • Member ID: 162,206
  • 48 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 12:24 AM

True..very true...

#16 Ray175INF

Ray175INF
  • Members
    • Member ID: 140,227
  • 591 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 08:11 AM

The sellers second account is wrwalltheway6 I've had issues with items I've purchased from him as well.

#17 Browninggunner688

Browninggunner688
  • Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 10:58 PM

Thanks to all who have replied to this.

In the end I eventually got my second order, nearly one month after paying for it, several emails and reporting the problem to eBay, even though I was promised my first order it never came, which I desparatly needed to complete my first aid kits ( 1" bandage compress boxes, and forceps, scissors and tourniquet boxes, which I am still on the lookout for by the way).

All in all it was an unpleasant experience.

Nick.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users