unknown projectile

P-59A

Springfield Arsenal on GB has a nose fuze and tracer very reasonable. If you paint it up, be sure to use " Hunter Green", by Rustoleum, it matches perfectly the Navy Fed Standard color. What markings are on your body? Usually on the forward part of the driving band....also, if the hole on the base end goes all the way through, it is a " self destruct" round, if just threaded, a Tracer. See my recent post on the 40mm Bofors for the exact type.

Springfield Arsenal on GB has a nose fuze and tracer very reasonable. If you paint it up, be sure to use " Hunter Green", by Rustoleum, it matches perfectly the Navy Fed Standard color. What markings are on your body? Usually on the forward part of the driving band....also, if the hole on the base end goes all the way through, it is a " self destruct" round, if just threaded, a Tracer. See my recent post on the 40mm Bofors for the exact type.

I was unable to find any markings. The threads are only an inch or so deep on both ends. Thanks for the heads up on the parts and paint. I have a British shell I was going to mate it up with.