1960s and Vietnam War A Co, 1st Bn, 6th IR, 198th BDE, 23rd ID Ace of Spades Helmet Markings

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

Was this photo taken at Ft Hood too?

post-153751-0-32674000-1527894227.jpg

No, it was taken at Camp Zama, Japan, where the man on the left,Tom Foley, was recovering from wounds he suffered in Vietnam.

No, it was taken at Camp Zama, Japan, where the man on the left,Tom Foley, was recovering from wounds he suffered in Vietnam.

Thanks was curious if this was at Ft Hood, and these two are vets now serving with the Brigade, so seems the brigade patch was worn a little more extensively within the 198th Brigade cause in theory they should be wearing on the shoulder the Americal patch, it also explains why we don't see a combat patch, cause if was a Hood before the brigade left and these were vets by this time there would be wearing a combat patch, yes it was optional but not to common by 1967 to see one with out one on.

• 11 months later...
Cap Camouflage Pattern I

Great thread!

I found this cover a while ago and always wondered what it was. It looks like it may be a match.

I was re reading this thread and realized I missed the "A"s written on your helmet cover. Since this isn't a normal feature of playing cards, I bet that it does stand for A Company.