M1918 Knuckle Knife Seattle Tent & Awning Co. Value?

schmooser

I should have stated I read the related threads here, but they were 6-7 years ago.

Looking to make a fair offer on it.

Have another example with a better blade and worse handle, so I’ll probably swap blades.

You might find this interesting.

The Seattle Tent & Awning Co. was a tent, awning, and fabric company founded in Seattle, WA in 1896. During the time when these photos were produced, Seattle Tent & Awning was located at 310 Westlake Avenue North in Seattle. The company produced awnings and tents for both commercial and residential use. Their product, the Air: Seal Airhouse was used to enclose a number of spaces, from swimming pools to airplanes. Airhouses used fans to keep inflated while maintaining a comfortable temperature inside and making the heating of pools easy.

post-17422-0-85967100-1527489067.jpg

post-17422-0-20331900-1527488985.jpg

Air Seal Airhouse covering a Boeing Jet Circa 1950's

post-17422-0-20114000-1527489131.jpg

Swimming Pool Pacific Lutheran College 1950's Tacoma Washington.

The Seattle marked knives are not real common and have a following of their own.

One was discussed here that had its original letter as seen at the SOS last February.

I dont think I would swap out the blade as it may be one of a handful known.

Ok, fair price and no blade change, got it.

Thank you all for the comments, and History lesson.

Will post better pics when I pick it up today.

I've had one of those Seattle knives for years. I never gave it much thought as to being a rare knife. I just thought it was a neat novelty item.

I've had one of those Seattle knives for years. I never gave it much thought as to being a rare knife. I just thought it was a neat novelty item.

"What treasures lurk in the closets of old folks...???"

We have a neighborhood garage sale this coming weekend. Going to post a big sign out front today saying "OLD KNIVES WANTED". That way I don't have to hit every sale...

Frank Trzaska

The last one I sold in late 2017 was $2500.00 with scabbard and both prongs intact. An extremely hard to find knife and that seems to be the going price. With the original letter in color that is a very good deal.