1981 "Kaufmans West" Army & Navy Surplus catalogue

hhbooker2

I was in NY in 1981. 42nd Street Kaufman's had WW2 fixed bales M1 helmet with liner for something like $20, used. Brand new were $30 IIRC. I bought four or five helmets.

When I was doing the line at JFK to fly back home, one cop took his visor off and put one of my helmet on and said to his colleague : Hey, check how did I look when I was in Vietnam !

I was in NY in 1981. 42nd Street Kaufman's had WW2 fixed bales M1 helmet with liner for something like $20, used. Brand new were $30 IIRC. I bought four or five helmets.

When I was doing the line at JFK to fly back home, one cop took his visor off and put one of my helmet on and said to his colleague : Hey, check how did I look when I was in Vietnam !

ANDREI: Yes, it was still easy enough to get a fair deal back then, so why did the prices rise so suddenly? Was it because of eBay, perhaps? Here is page 12 of the Kaufmans West catalogue. :o

post-837-1227839241.jpg

• 2 years later...
:lol: Page 3 of Kaufman's Price List, the page shows Indian Wars Army chevrons, believe it or not?

I

This is a start, but unable to read as in too small and blurry. Any help with this?

Jack